Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies

Pin It
Let's just start out by saying, "If chocolate and caramel are involved, it must be good." Let me also get one thing clear; I am NOT eating these right now as I am on a sweet's "fast" for 6 weeks, on day 18. 

Phew! Now that I got those 2 facts out of the way we can get to the good stuff! 
Ruby Ellen Photography
The recipe came from a cookbook. (Yes, Pinterest is not my only form of recipe finding.) Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook.

Chocolate Crackletops

adapted by Robyn Rasmussen
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
4 squares 1 oz each unsweetened baking chocolate
4 large eggs lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 bag Kraft caramels unwrapped and cut into fourths
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

Ruby Ellen Photography
 Cut caramels into fourths with cooking shears and set aside with chocolate chips.
Directions: 

  1. Combine flour and baking powder and set aside. 
  2. In a saucepan over medium heat combine 2 cups sugar, stick butter and unsweetened chocolate squares, stirring until butter and chocolate are melted; remove from heat.
  3. Gradually stir in eggs and vanilla. 
  4. Stir in flour mixture until well blended.
  5. Chill for 1 hour.
  6. THEN mix in chocolate chips and caramel bits and chill for 1 more hour.
  7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  8. With sugar dusted hands roll into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
  9. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE
  10. Cool completely on wire racks. 
  11. Store in tightly covered container.
makes about 3 dozen large cookies. 

Ruby Ellen Photography


Ruby Ellen Photography

Ruby Ellen Photography

Ruby Ellen Photography

Ruby Ellen Photography

Ruby Ellen Photography
Perfect gooey bites of caramel chocolate heaven.

-Robyn

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you can make this stuff without wanting to devour it. You've got some serious will power that needs to be passed my way. :) These look amazing...I think I'm going to make them for my dad. He's obsessed with caramel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa! It is something that can only be credited to the Lord alone! I have prayed and prayed for self-control and through much prayer and meditation on his Word it has been done. I think by cutting refined sugar completely it has helped tremendously. Not saying I don't have cravings but I am able to refocus and move on. :)

      Delete