Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pizza and Chocolate Should be the Only 2 Food Groups? | pinTerST Kitchen

Pin It
Pizza tends to be a re-occurring theme here on my blog, as does chocolate. It is a rotation between two delicious foods and quite possibly the only two food groups needed if I had an endless metabolism. 1) Pizza 2) Chocolate. 

Giving up refined sugar and artificial sweeteners 31 days ago has not been easy. However, I do allow myself one serving of pizza on occasion. Both of these recipes I tried out a month or so on Pinterest and simply haven't had the willpower to share them with you until now.

I'm sorting through lot's of things in my life right now. Searching for just the perfect balance between Jesus, marriage, children, work, finances, health, sleep, and hobbies. I'm finding that if I put them in that order exactly I am doing 5 million times better already. Sure, that might mean putting this beloved blog and photography career on hold but it has been worth it so far. When I learn more I will share but for now I will just share the perfect balance of the only two food groups needed.
Pizza and Chocolate. :)

The craving hit for Bubble pizza and I had seen recipes all over Pinterest for it but of course I didn't have any biscuit dough in my refrigerator. So I pulled out my trusty Better Homes and Garden's Cook Book and found the biscuit recipe.
biscuit recipe

Biscuits: Better Homes & Gardens

3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup butter or 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup shortening
1 cup milk

Directions
  1. In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cream of tartar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
  2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing dough for four to six strokes or just until dough holds together. Pat or lightly roll dough until 3/4 inch thick. Cut dough with a floured 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter, rerolling scraps as necessary.

Bubble Pizza: adapted from Plain Chicken 

1 recipe of Biscuits (see above)
1 jar pizza sauce
Pizza toppings
8 oz. mozzarella

Preheat oven to 375 degree. Mix up one recipe of Biscuit dough and cut into 1 inch pieces.Toss biscuit dough with the pizza sauce and half of the cheese. Grease pan and place covered dough pieces and cheese into pan. Top with whatever toppings you want and then the rest of the cheese.  Bake for 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is bubbling. 


recipe for pizza

pepperoni

Then.... when you think of chocolate and Pinterest it can be dangerous. I was having another Sunday afternoon craving that couldn't be met unless I improvised with my ingredients on hand. And thus Mud Avalanche bars were born.
chocolate Avalanche bars

Mud Avalanche Bars: adapted from Cookies and Cups

1/4 cup peanut butter
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
3 cups cereal (I used a combination of Rice Krispies and Special K with Chocolate)
1 cup marshmallows

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Pour over cereal and mix until coated. Stir in marshmallows and spread onto a greased jelly roll pan.

Stick in fridge to help set up.

Cut into bars and enjoy!
easy recipe

chocolate and peanut butter

easy desert recipe


chocolate and marshmallows

Pizza and Chocolate.
-Robyn 

2 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    We would like to add your blog to the Top Food Blog list in http://www.mytaste.com/ . Your blog is impressively BEAUTIFUL and it deserves to be included on the Top list!! Great recipes!! We will feature your blog and we will make a lot of shout out about your recipes on our fan pages so that people and our 3million users worldwide will be able to check it on our site.
    Mytaste is a dual-function site, a recipe search engine and an online social networking service providing thousands of recipes collected and shared by people around the globe from different blogs and website. This is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes. Some of the top food blogs receive at least 30,000 visits from us on a weekly basis.
    Here where you can add your blog to the top list http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    EXPOSE YOUR BLOG!!!The World deserves to know how great a cook you are.

    Kind regards
    -Ricky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricky,
      What an honor and VERY kind words! I would love to be listed but would prefer that you list my newer blog instead of this one as I no longer post new recipes/posts here. Please visit www.rubyellenphotography.com/blog to see the new format and my newest recipe! Please let me know when you will be sharing the blog. Thanks for your interest!
      -Robyn

      Delete